MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
September 9, 2019
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its Regular board meeting on September 9, 2019, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Members present at roll call were Josh Grau, Gina Roys, Collin Stubbs, and Tonya Meyer telephonically. Absent at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Sharon Greener, and Brian Meyer. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the August 12, 2019, board workshop and regular board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $109,958.93; Management Fund: $0.00; Capital Projects: $43,157.01; PPEL:$114,146.94; Clearing Account: $38,460.72; Food Service: $12,614.39; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,541.33; Smith Childcare: $1,681.00.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
- Horizontal lane changes for Niki Guese, Katie Kregel, Jaydeane Berns and Brett Jackson.
Grau seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
At the September Board meeting many retired staff members were recognized. Larry Cox who served for 18 years as a bus driver, and was also a principal prior to that, Kurt Gaylor who served for seven years as a guidance counselor, and Sandy Thornton who served for 33 years as a paraprofessional. Not present, but also receiving awards were Scott Boylen who served us as a middle school English teacher for 12 years, and Linda Canton who served as a bus driver for 9 years, Julie Fuelling who served as a cook and then head cook for 29 Years, Becky Holt who served as a business and physical education teacher for 22 years, Nicole Tayek who served as a paraprofessional for 15 years, and Dee Ann McGlaughlin who served as a paraprofessional for 14 years. Thanks to all of you who served us at MFL MarMac.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Grau, to accept the offer from the City of Marquette in the amount of $28,000.00 for the purchase of 4.95 acres of property. Dr. Crozier is to move forward with legal authority to prepare the deed. Roll call vote: Ayes; Roys, T. Meyer, Grau, and Stubbs. Motion carried 4-0.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Grau, to accept the resignation of Tyus Adkin, as Assistant Baseball Coach. Approve the contracts for Tiffany Torkelson, Paraprofessional, Jennifer Pritchard, Paraprofessional, and Amanda Howes, Paraprofessional. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Grau, to approve ARC the snow removal as bid for the 2019-2020 school year. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the Middle School handbook as presented by Mrs. Mueller. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal’s reports were given.
- There will be a Facility meeting held at the same time as the SIAC meeting.
- The MFL MarMac Bond rating increased to an AA+. This is positive and lowers the districts interest rates.
- Discussion was held regarding Tax Incremental Financing in Monona.
- Father Levenhagen left $10,000.00 for scholarships for college students attending Lora’s college.
- Discussion held regarding IAHSAA and IGHSAU School Classification Equity Resolution.
- The Board authorized Dr. Crozier to move forward toward the 1st Tuesday in March 2020 for a Bond issue.
The next board meeting will be held in the Middle School media center on October 14, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
President Roys adjourned the meeting at 7:36 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary