MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
August 14, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on August 14, 2017, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
Vice President Greener called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Members present at roll call were Brian Meyer, Josh Grau, Sharon Greener, and Collin Stubbs. Absent at roll call were Tonya Meyer, Jonathon Moser, and Gina Roys. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Addition to the agenda. Approve the 2017-2018 Title I application.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the amended agenda. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the July 10, 2017 board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $98,448.60; Capital Projects: $149,860.87; PPEL: $28,788.03; Clearing Account: $21,714.95; Food Service: $291.69; HAWC: $64,246.46; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,289.50; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,695.31.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
B. Meyer seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Grau, to move the September 18, 2017, meeting from 7:00 P.M. to 4:00 p.m. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the Title I application for the 2017-2018 school year in the amount of $122,957.00. The motion was unanimously carried.
Tonya Meyer present at 7:12 p.m.
Principal’s reports given.
- The Little Bulldog and Dr. Smith Childcare Centers operating well.
- EMC insurance coverage was evaluated and approved for the 2017-2018 school year.
- The transportation department purchased a used 2015 Blue Bird school bus with 47,000 miles for $66,000.00, from School Bus Sales.
- Eliza Philpott and Adam Simon were recognized by the office of the Iowa Secretary of State for organizing and making sure the results were reported to our Capitol Office accurately and promptly during the 2016 elections for the Iowa Youth Straw Poll.
- Discussion regarding planning a Board Workshop in the fall to go over the long term strategic plan.
- Yearbook was discussed.
- Dr. Crozier presented a Superintendent Professional Development plan for the next three fiscal years.
The Board of Directors and guests took a tour of the Agriculture department.
The next monthly board meeting will be held September 18, 2017, at 4:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary