MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
August 12, 2019
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its Regular board meeting on August 12, 2019, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:18 p.m. Members present at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Gina Roys, Sharon Greener, Collin Stubbs, Tonya Meyer, and Brian Meyer. Absent at roll call was Josh Grau. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by Moser, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the July15, 2019, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $108,655.68; Management Fund: $0.00; Capital Projects: $110,249.21; PPEL: $48,120.22; Clearing Account: $15,167.61; Food Service: $2,519.85; HAWC: $500.00; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,272.48; Smith Childcare: $2,481.15.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Moser seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Dr. Withers and Director Pat Heiderscheit presented information on Social Emotional Behavior Mental Health training that is being offered through Keystone AEA and the many different services provided.
Dr. Withers and Pat Heiderscheit left the meeting at 7:25 p.m.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the following contracts; Stacie Cooper, Social Worker; Monica Schwartzhoff, Middle School Teacher and Assistant Cross Country; Sara Kelly, Nurse; and Casey Evanson, Paraprofessional. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by B. Meyer, to approve the bid from Three Rivers FS for fuel oil at $1.96 a gallon for the 2019-2020 school year. The motion was unanimously carried.
Table the Middle School Handbook until the September board meeting.
Motion by Greener, seconded by T. Meyer, to amend the operational sharing agreement with Eastern Allamakee for the 2019-2020 school year. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal’s reports were given.
- The Preschool has achieved the highest QRS level 5.
- The Little Bulldog and Dr. Smith Childcare will each have their own Directors going forward.
- Purchase of busses.
- Discussion regarding the salad bar in Monona building.
- Decrease in the tax levy of fifty five cents from last year.
- Discussion regarding $6,800,000.00 bond referendum to address and completely finish the needs of the district.
- March election.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to go into Closed Session at 8:05 p.m. for the Superintendent evaluation per Iowa Code 21. Roll call vote: Ayes;-B Meyer, Moser, Greener, Roys, T Meyer, and Stubbs. Motion carried 6-0.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Greener to come out of closed session at 9:17 p.m. Roll call vote: Ayes; Stubbs, T. Meyer, Roys, Greener, Moser, and B. Meyer. Motion carried 6-0.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by B. Meyer, to terminate Superintendent’s transportation allowance and roll equal amounts into his salary and also increase the contribution amount into his 403B by 3.5% of the total salary package of Eastern Allamakee and MFL MarMac. Roll call vote: Aye; T. Meyer, Stubbs, Greener, Roys, Moser, and B. Meyer. Motion carried 6-1.
President Roys adjourned the meeting at 9:20 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary