MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
May 8, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on May 8, 2017, in the middle school media center of the McGregor schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. Members present at roll call were Sharon Greener, Brian Meyer, Gina Roys, Josh Grau, Collin Stubbs, Tonya Meyer, and Jonathon Moser. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, four students, teachers Deb Reicks, Roberta Hass, Jonelle Kann, and Doug Martin, paraprofessional Janelle Smith, and two community members. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion was made by Greener, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the agenda. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion was made by B. Meyer to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the January 9, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $98,959.83; Capital Projects: $34,867.75; PPEL: $6,517.33; Clearing Account: $29,203.55; Food Service: $17,167.29; HAWC: $42,708.20; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,190.60; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,433.84.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Moser seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
The Board recognized the retiring employees and noted that they are appreciated and will be missed. The retiring teachers were recognized by the media.
The Board was recognized by the media for their service to the district.
Motion by Moser, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the teaching contracts for Sarah Wille, Secondary Agriculture, Karen Suddendorf, .25 Secondary Instrumental Music, and to increase the FTE of Heidi Meyer by .4. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser, to approve the extra-duty contracts for Brandon Burke, M.S. Boys’ Basketball, Natalie Heiring, Middle School Volleyball, Kelly Winter, Varsity Volleyball, Kyle Kirkestue and Mitch Seitz, Assistant Football, and Ashley McLaughlin, Middle School Vocal Music. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Grau, to approve the contracts for Brent Pape, Middle School Wrestling and Dan Anderson, Middle School Assistant Wrestling. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by T. Meyer to approve the A.N. Busse scholarship recipient. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal reports were given.
- Discussion of elimination of the Americore program, with possibility of bringing it back at in a later year.
- Discussion of sponsorship of way-signage in Monona that involves the location of the school.
The next monthly board meeting will be held June 12th, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:49 p.m.