MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
May 14, 2018
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on May 14, 2018, in the middle school media center of the McGregor schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. Members present at roll call: Josh Grau, Gina Roys, Sharon Greener, and Collin Stubbs. Absent at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Tonya Meyer, and Brian Meyer. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Grau, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Grau, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the April 9, 2018, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $127,071.91; Management Fund: $250.00; Capital Projects: $44,164.82; PPEL: $8,699.84; Clearing Account: $48,373.51; Food Service: $13,641.87; HAWC: $42,333.70; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $6,326.64; Dr. Smith Childcare: $4,568.68.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Stubbs seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Jen Wilwert presented the 2017-2018 Iowa Assessment Test Data results to the Board of Directors. Discussion was held.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Stubbs to accept the resignations for Sandy Thornton, Paraprofessional, Lisa Weigand, Paraprofessional, Ashley McLaughlin, Elementary Music Teacher, Kathy Ehlers, Special Education Teacher, Scott Boylen, Middle School English Teacher, and Michelle Hontz, Drill Team Instructor. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Grau, to accept the resignation for Kelly Winter, Middle School Girls Track Coach pending a suitable replacement. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Grau, to approve the contracts for Brent Jackson, Level 2 Special Education Teacher, Kelli Saxon, Drill Team Coach, Tracy Decker, Middle School Football Coach, and Dan Anderson, Head Football Coach. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Greener, to approve the SIAC minutes and recommendations from the October 25, 2017, November 27, 2017, and March 26, 2018, meetings. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Greener, to approve the review of the wellness policy as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Jen Wilwert left the meeting at 7:35p.m.
Principal’s reports given.
- Discussion regarding the lease for the 1 to 1 computer program.
- Discussion regarding possible LED lighting project.
- Discussion regarding looking at wind energy versus solar power.
- Athletic Director stipends for the summer and next discussion.
The next meeting will be held on June 1, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the high school media center in Monona building.
The meeting adjourned at 8:08 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary