MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
April 10, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on April 10, 2017, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. Members present at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Gina Roys, Sharon Greener, and Brian Meyer. Absent at roll call was Tonya Meyer, Josh Grau and Collin Stubbs. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion was made by Greener, seconded by Moser, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion was made by Greener to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the March 13, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $73,517.80; Capital Projects: $10,983.04; PPEL: $7,505.47; Clearing Account:$40,718.79; Food Service: $22,121.87; HAWC: $45,034.24; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $5,706.77; Dr. Smith Childcare:$3,639.88.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
B. Meyer seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Greener to accept the Early Separation resignations for Roberta Hass, Jonelle Kann, Doug Martin and Marcia Miller effective at the end of the 2016-2017 school year. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser to approve the resignation of Erik Peterson, 7th grade basketball coach, pending an acceptable replacement. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by B. Meyer to amend the Early Separation agreement for the 2016-2017 school year lowering the age to qualify from 55 to 53, funding to come from the general fund. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by Greener, to approve the 28E sharing agreements with Postville for Guidance and Transportation, Central for Curriculum, and Eastern Allamakee for Superintendent. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to raise the substitute teachers pay from $90.00 a day to $100.00 a day. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by B. Meyer, to raise the long term substitute teachers pay from $110.00 a day to $120.00 a day. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal reports were given.
- Discussion started regarding possible moving of grade levels within the school district.
- Aaron Thomas speaker, will talk about a variety of topics often focused on adversity, the power of one, and standing for something will be in the district in May or early in the 2017-2018 school year.
- Discuss regarding having Larry Thompson, Supportive Discipline Innovator and Creator of Responsibility Centered Discipline speaker.
- The Booster Club, along with the district, will invite Trevor Ragan, Growth Mindset to speak next year.
The next monthly board meeting will be held May 8, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. at the middle school media center in the McGregor schoolhouse. Meeting adjourned at 7:52 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary