MFL MarMac Community School
Minutes for Regular Monthly Meeting, Public Meeting for 2021-22 Calendar, And Public Meeting for 2021-22 Budget
March 8, 2021
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on March 8, 2021, in the high school learning commons of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm. Members present at roll call were Gina Roys, Dr. Jon Moser, and Roberta Hass. Present virtually were Brian Meyer and Josh Grau. Tonya Meyer and Collin Stubbs were absent. Also present were Dr. Dale Crozier, Superintendent, and Karla Hanson, Board Secretary. Visitors were recognized and welcomed.
Motion made by Roberta Hass and seconded by Dr. Moser to approve the agenda as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
President Roys called the 2021-2022 Calendar Hearing to order at 6:01 pm. Motion by Dr. Moser, seconded by Roberta Hass to close the open hearing at 6:02 pm. Roll call vote: All Ayes.
President Roys called the 2021-2022 Budget Hearing to order at 6:03 pm. Motion by Josh Grau, seconded by Dr. Moser to close the open hearing at 6:04. Roll call vote: All Ayes.
Motion by Roberta Hass, seconded by Dr. Moser, to approve the consent items from the agenda as follows:
- Minutes from the February 8, 2021, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $137,632.33; Management: $464.00; Enterprise: $750.00; Capital Projects: $36,400.90; PPEL: $31,222.58; Clearing Account:$10,304.02; Food Service: $18,095.35; Little Bulldog Childcare: $2,617.65; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,292.41
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
The motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Roberta Hass, seconded by Josh Grau, to accept the following resignations, hires and transfers pending suitable replacement where applicable:
- Michelle Hontz: Elementary Music, MS Play, HS Cross Country
- Shauna Lange: 5th grade
- Stephanie Jones: MS Student Council
- Karla Hanson: MS Play Assistant
- Tabitha Bohland: Food Service
- Kayla Keehner: 7th Grade Girls Basketball, 7th Grade Volleyball Natalie Campbell: 8th Grade Volleyball
- New Hires:
- Erin O’Brien: HS English
- Jess Brehmer: Assistant Track
- Lukas Arenz: Assistant Track
- Hannah Schutte: Assistant Softball
- Chessie Andrist: 8th Grade Volleyball
- Erik Peterson to HS Math
- Amy Bunting to 5th Grade
Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Brian Meyer, seconded by Dr. Moser, to approve the calendar with an end date of May 25, 2022, as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Josh Grau, seconded by Roberta Hass, to approve the 2021-2022 Budget as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Dr. Moser, seconded by Josh Grau, to accept 28E Agreements for the 2021-22 to include, but not be limited to, the following: NICC Alternative School, NICC Concurrent Classes and Partnerships, NICC Career and Technical Education (CTE) Agreements, Student Teaching with Regent Schools, Luther and Upper Iowa, Public Transit-Northeast Iowa Community Action, Little Bulldog and Dr. Smith Daycares, Iowa Department of Human Services and Juvenile Court Services, Monona and McGregor Chamber of Commerce’s, Mercy One Hospital, Wetland Center, and Turner Park. Motion carried unanimously.
Motion by Dr. Moser, seconded by Roberta Hass, to accept the Technology Lease Agreement as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
Dr. Crozier noted the City of Monona was meeting to discuss a small TIF and that it has been the District’s policy to not get involved in the City’s decision on this matter. The track is scheduled to be resurfaced this summer. Governor Kim Reynolds has released new mask guidelines. There is no change to the current mask requirement at the school. This issue will be revisited when more people have received the vaccine and guidelines allow for minimal number of students and staff to be quarantined when exposed to coronavirus.
The next monthly board meeting will be held on April 12, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. in the Learning Commons of the Monona High School.
Meeting adjourned at 6:13 p.m.
Karla Hanson – Board Secretary