MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
February 13, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on February 13, 2017, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:03 p.m. Members present at roll call were Sharon Greener, Brian Meyer, Gina Roys, Josh Grau, Collin Stubbs and Tonya Meyer. Absent at roll call was Jonathon Moser. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion was made by Greener, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the agenda with the March 13, 2017, board meeting start time changed to 7:30 p.m. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion was made by Greener to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the January 9, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $123,873.92; Management Fund: $147.28; Capital Projects: $34,996.71; PPEL: $23,190.43; Clearing Account: $31,424.66; Food Service: $16,027.87; HAWC: $52,477.81; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $6,574.31; Dr. Smith Childcare: $2,208.54.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
T. Meyer seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener to set the Budget Hearing for March 13, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. in the high school media center. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to set the Public Hearing for the 2017-2018 school calendar for March 13, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. in the high school media center. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to accept the resignation for Becky Harnack, Paraprofessional. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Stubbs, to approve the acceptance of the Budget Guarantee for $28,917.00 to be used in the Aid and Levy calculation for FY18. Resolved, that the Board of Directors of MFL MarMac Community School will levy property tax for fiscal year 2016-2017 for the regular program budget adjustment as allowed under section 257.14, Code of Iowa. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Grau to approve the 2017-2018 sharing agreement with Decorah for swimming. The motion was unanimously carried.
Thank you to Norplex for the donation of $1,000.00 to be used for STEM projects.
The principal reports were given.
- Steel Magnolias was presented in the auditorium. Because of the bad weather the attendance was down. We look forward to more great performances in the near future.
- Discussion regarding the 28E agreement with the Monona Chamber.
- Discussion regarding school finance.
- Baseball field lighting will be happening this summer.
- Discussion regarding the calendar and missing 6 days of school for inclement weather.
- Discussion regarding the Elementary building project and the Sports complex project.
- Discussion regarding whether it would be beneficial to move the 7th and 8th grade to the Monona center as enrollment declines.
The next monthly board meeting will be held March 13, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary