MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
February 11, 2019
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on February 11, 2019, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 5:05 p.m. Members present at roll call were Collin Stubbs, Gina Roys, Sharon Greener, Brian Meyer, Tonya Meyer, Josh Grau and Jonathon Moser telephonically attending. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Addition to the agenda: 6. Cooperative swimming agreement.
Motion by Grau, seconded by Greener, to approve the amended agenda. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the January 21, 2019, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $593,013.29; Capital Projects: $16,596.96; PPEL:$551,987.46; Clearing Account: $30,253.98; Food Service: $17,190.72; HAWC: $38,181.42; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $2,805.20; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,384.94.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
B. Meyer seconded the motion. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded Greener to accept the resignation of Kayla Vorwald, as Football Cheerleading Coach, and to approve the contract with Tyus Adkins, Assistant Baseball Coach, and Josie Roulson, Football Cheerleading Coach. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to approve the sub-committee to go over Board Policies. Gina Roys and Brian Meyer volunteered to be on this committee. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the waiver to reduce the requirement for graduating seniors total attendance hours due to inclement weather. Amend the 2018-2019 school calendar to attend school on February 15, and February 18, 2019, as makeup days because of weather related school cancellations. The motion was unanimously carried.
Board President Roys appointed Jonathon Roys as the MFL MarMac representative to service on the IASB Legal Service Committee.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by B. Meyer, to file the 2018 district fiscal audit. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to approve the 2018-2019 cooperative swimming agreement with Decorah. The motion was unanimously carried.
- Discussion regarding legislative priorities.
- Technology Committee recommended purchasing and replacing 70 MacBook airs at a cost of$28,000.00.
- Discussion regarding the 2018-2019 calendar and possible makeup days.
The next monthly board meeting will be held March 11, 2019, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 5:47 p.m.