MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
November 13, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on November 13, 2017, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Members present at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Josh Grau, Gina Roys, Collin Stubbs, and Tonya Meyer. Absent at roll call were Sharon Greener and Brian Meyer. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Larry Meyer, High School Principal and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Moser, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the October 9, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $79,341.86; Management Fund: $3,418.00; Capital Projects: $9,688.45; PPEL: $12,778.69; Clearing Account: $28,378.79; Food Service: $19,969.40; HAWC: $49,372.28; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,200.06; Dr. Smith Childcare: $2,653.14.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Grau seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Sarah Willie, Braxsten Jones, Macie Weigand, Logan Brown, and Derek Larson presented information regarding the National FFA convention they attended in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Emily Welper and Natalie Heiring presented information regarding the Talented and Gifted program Kindergarten through 8th grade offered to the MFL MarMac students.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the contracts for Josh Tayek, Paraprofessional, Sarah Ferguson, Paraprofessional, Carrie DeYoung, Paraprofessional, Katie Scherf, Paraprofessional, and Stephanie Michel, Assistant Girls Basketball Coach. Also, to accept the resignations for Erin Sanders, Paraprofessional, and Jessica Duffield, Paraprofessional. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by Grau to approve the SBRC application for increasing the 2016 official student count for open enrolled students after the count. The motion was unanimously carried.
Discussion regarding the Dropout Prevention Plan for 2018-2019 was put on hold until the December 11, 2017, board meeting.
Principal’s reports given.
- School Board workshop will be held on December 6, 2017.
- November 15-16 School Board Conventions will be held in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Discussion regarding the Monona TIF tax abatement for a new housing project.
- The Facilities Committee has been meeting.
- Discussion was held regarding replacing the fire escape on the second story building. The estimated cost would be around $35,000.00.
- Discussion regarding the possibilities of making a safe room in the district.
The next monthly board meeting will be held December 11, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:57 p.m.