MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
November 11, 2019
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its Regular board meeting on November 11, 2019, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Members present at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Josh Grau, Gina Roys, Collin Stubbs, Tonya Meyer, and Brian Meyer. Absent at roll call was Sharon Greener. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Grau, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the October 14, 2019, regular board meeting and the October 30, 2019 board workshop minutes.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $131,045.41; Management Fund: $248.00; Capital Projects: $33,687.73; PPEL: $27,320.13; Clearing Account: $28,916.34; Food Service: $26,355.05; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $2,609.98; Smith Childcare: $1,365.71.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Moser seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Sarah Wille, Tayler Martins, Ella Hanson, Kayleigh White and Dacia Schoulte presented information regarding the National FFA convention they attended in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Moser, to accept the resignation of Cindy Koons, Business Manager, and to approve the early separation plan as presented. Roll call vote. All ayes. Motion carried.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Moser, to accept the following resignations, Celia Brown, food service, Kelly Winter, Head Volleyball Coach, Megan Schellhorn, Assistant Volleyball Coach, and Tera Mathis, Assistant Volleyball Coach. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by B. Meyer, to approve the transfer of Karla Hanson, Assistant Business Manager, to Business Manager. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by B. Meyer to appoint Karla Hanson as the district Board Secretary Treasurer. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by B. Meyer, to approve the review and revisions of the 300 and 400 board policy series. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal’s reports were given.
- Dr. Crozier was contacted by Garms Insurance inquiring being considered being included in the 2-year rotation of school district insurance coverage. The Board of Directors did not have any objections.
- Discussion was held regarding disaggregated data collected on our district. Data was disaggregated by race, national origin, gender, disability, and social economics. Students were asked for input on ideas and thoughts on how to implement ways to be more open minded.
- Dr. Crozier read a letter regarding the recent Musical production, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown. We have some very talented students in our district.
The next board meeting will be held in the High School media center on December 9, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
President Roys adjourned the meeting at 7:44 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary