MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
October 9, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on October 9, 2017, in the middle school media center of the McGregor schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. Members present at roll call were Jonathon Moser, Collin Stubbs, Tonya Meyer, Sharon Greener, Gina Roys and Josh Grau. Absent at roll call was Brian Meyer. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Larry Meyer, High School Principal and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to approve the agenda. The motion was unanimously carried.
Brian Meyer present at 7:02 p.m.
Motion by Greener to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the September 18, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $121,666.27; Management Fund: $136,455.00; Capital Projects: $293,206.32; PPEL: $153,670.60; Clearing Account: $28,378.79; Food Service: $19,969.40; HAWC: $35,710.83; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $8,787.65; Dr. Smith Childcare: $4,535.52.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Moser seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Jim Tripp gave a presentation regarding the Spanish curriculum and different ways of teaching to help the students reach a level of knowledge and understanding of the Spanish language.
Jim Tripp left the meeting at 7:18 p.m.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Greener to approve a contract with Travis Johnson, as Middle School Assistant Wrestling Coach. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by T. Meyer, to approve the SIAC committee as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Stubbs to revise policy 803.1B Purchasing Thresholds Food Service Rules for bidding and letting. The motion was unanimously carried.
Principal’s reports given.
- MFL MarMac CSD successful visit from Dr. Wise, Department of Education Director.
- Items sold at Sweeney’s Auction brought $4,417.15.
- The dividend check from EMC Insurance was $13,914.66.
- IASB meetings will be held in Decorah on October 18, 2017.
- Dr. Crozier will be presenting at the IASB Annual Convention on November 16, 2017, on shared Superintendent’s.
- Jonathon Moser will be representing MFL MarMac at the Delegate Assembly again this year.
- Looking at holding a Board Workshop on December 6, 2017.
- Talking with the 21st committee regarding purchasing iPad’s in the next couple of years.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by T. Meyer, to go into closed session at 7:46 p.m. according to Iowa Code Section 21.5(1) (j) to discuss and consider property purchase. The motion was unanimously carried.
The Board of Director’s took a 5 minute break.
The Board of Director’s came out of closed session at 9:06 p.m.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser, to adjourn the meeting at 9:07 p.m. The motion was unanimously carried.
The next monthly board meeting will be held November 13, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary