MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
October 8, 2018
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on October 8, 2018, in the middle school media center of the McGregor schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. Members present at roll call were Sharon Greener, Brian Meyer, Jonathon Moser, Gina Roys, and Collin Stubbs. Absent at roll were Tonya Meyer and Josh Grau. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by Stubbs, seconded by Moser, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Stubbs, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the September 10, 2018, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $105,024.09; Management Fund: $258.94; Capital Projects: $31,517.04; PPEL: $37,909.32; Clearing Account: $26,085.26; Food Service: $22,240.89; HAWC: $42,405.17; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $10,368.26; Dr. Smith Childcare: $4,744.05.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Greener seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser, to set a Public Hearing for the Instructional Support Renewal on November 12, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. in the Monona high school media center. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser, in favor of a resolution to use unspent balances in designated fund accounts for flexible purposes in fiscal year 2020 as outlined in legislation. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by Stubbs, to request Modified Allowable Growth and Supplemental Aid for the fiscal year 2018 special education deficit of $235,051.58. Roll call ayes, Greener, Stubbs, B. Meyer, Moser, and Roys. Motion carried.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Greener, to approve the lowest reasonable snow removal bid for 2018-2019 school year from ARC. The motion was unanimously carried.
Principal’s reports given.
- The official student count day is October 1st. It looks like we are up about 20 students this year, but remember that we down about 20 students last year because of a smaller senior class so we are even.
- We participated in a free safety audit.
- Discussion regarding 2 Bluebird buses district has been leasing.
- Discussion regarding the replacing the fire escape on the second story wrestling room.
- Dr. Crozier is a Representative for the Iowa High School Association and will be attending meeting and representing rural school districts.
The next monthly board meeting will be held November 12, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary