MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
January 9, 2017
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on January 9, 2017, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m. Members present at roll call were Sharon Greener, Collin Stubbs, Brian Meyer, Jonathon Moser, and Gina Roys. Absent at roll call was Josh Grau and Tonya Meyer. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Larry Meyer, High School Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion was made by Moser, seconded by Greener, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion was made by Moser to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the December 7, 2016, work session and December 12, 2016, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $164,291.17; Capital Projects: $61,475.75; PPEL: $15,060.24; Clearing Account: $50,037.62; Food Service: $14,427.49; HAWC: $58,483.77; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $1,187.64; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,120.09.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Stubbs seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
The board of Directors honored Celia Brown for thirty five years of service and Glee Sass for 9 years of service with an award of service plaques. Congratulations on their retirement.
Pat Echard left the meeting at 7:09 p.m.
Motion by Greener, seconded by Moser, to approve the resolution to support the Promise of Iowa for Public Education. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, seconded by B. Meyer, to offer the Early Separation policy as drafted to the first four certified employees to participate for the $60,000.00, cash in four equal payment of $15,000.00, over the next four years or earlier at the districts discretion. Early Separation is determined by district finances and offered for the purpose of saving the district expenses. The motion was unanimously carried.
The principal reports were given.
Celia Brown, Jerry Brown, Linda Roberts and Bob Roberts left the meeting at 7:23 p.m.
- Discussion regarding the 2017-2018 school calendar.
- Drivers Education fees and Instructor salary discussed.
- Discussion regarding SILO and the intent of this tax.
- Food and Fitness program discussed regarding the 2017-2018 school year.
The next monthly board meeting will be held February 13, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
Meeting adjourned at 7:36 p.m.
Cindy Koons, Board Secretary