MFL MarMac Community School
Regular Monthly Minutes
January 8, 2018
The MFL MarMac Board of Education held its regular monthly board meeting on January 8, 2018, in the high school media center of the Monona schoolhouse.
President Roys called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. Members present at roll call, Collins Stubbs, Gina Roys, Sharon Greener, Brian Meyer, Tonya Meyer, Josh Grau and Jonathon Moser. Also present were Dale Crozier, Superintendent, Kathy Koether, Elementary Principal, Denise Mueller, Middle School Principal, and Cindy Koons, Board Secretary. Visitors were welcomed and recognized.
Motion by T. Meyer, seconded by Moser, to approve the agenda as presented. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Greener, to approve the following consent items from the agenda:
- Minutes from the December 6, 2017, board workshop, and the December 11, 2017, board meeting.
- Bills against the district as listed: General Fund: $68,116.17; Capital Projects: $11,348.20; PPEL: $25,268.09; Clearing Account: $43,848.00; Food Service: $13,885.31; HAWC: $48,529.45; Little Bulldog Childcare Center: $3,871.46; Dr. Smith Childcare: $1,917.26.
- The Secretary’s Report, Activity Report, and Food Service Report will be filed subject to audit.
Grau seconded the motion and it was unanimously carried.
Mr. Kurt Gaylor, Elementary Guidance Counselor, gave an informational presentation on Bully Prevention and the positive results that have developed from group meetings, advisory groups and discussion.
Kurt Gaylor left the meeting at 7:20 p.m.
Motion by B. Meyer, seconded by Stubbs, to accept the resignation from Maury Landt, Paraprofessional. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by T. Meyer, approve the revision of board policy 501.7 to include e-cigarettes. The motion was unanimously carried.
Motion by Moser, seconded by Grau, to approve the comparative report on disaggregated data. The motion was unanimously carried.
Principal’s reports given.
- Discussion regarding district calendar and hours versus days.
- All items on the PPEL list were completed from last summer.
- Discussion regarding the security on the south end of the building.
The next monthly board meeting will be held February 12, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. at the high school media center in the Monona schoolhouse.
The meeting adjourned at 7:45 p.m.